The Bammy Awards Nominee Sample Press Release
For Immediate Release
Contact: (spokesperson name)
[NAME OF NOMINEE] NOMINATED for Honors in the Category of [CATEGORY] at THE 2013 ANNUAL Bammy Awards
Supporters can vote online to help support the selection of [NOMINEE] for this prestigious education community honor at http://www.bammyawards.org.
CITY, STATE - DATE - [NOMINEE] announced today that she/he/it has been nominated for honors in the category of [CATEGORY] at the 2013 Annual Bammy Awards.
Presented by the Academy of Education Arts and Sciences International, the Bammy award is a cross-discipline award recognizing the contributions of educators from across the education field.
[DESCRIPTION OF NOMINEE]
"Nominees like [NOMINEE] are making a difference in education every day. It's more important now that ever to publicly honor educators and to show what's right with American Education," said Errol St. Clair Smith, executive producer of the Bammy Awards. “The positive response to the inaugural Bammy Awards in 2012 was overwhelming. Clearly the notion of collaboratively acknowledging what our nation's educators are doing well is an idea whose time has come.
[QUOTE FROM NOMINEE SPOKESPERSON]
Honorees will be announced on September 21st at a red-carpet event in Washinton D.C. The Bammy Awards are presented by The Academy of Education Arts and Sciences International, which includes leading educators, education leaders, education professors, journalists, editors, researchers, commentators, advocates, activists, visionaries and pioneers. The Academy is comprised of a board of governors, a council of peers and the executive committee.
About [Web Site]
[INSERT NOMINEE BOILERPLATE/GENERAL DESCRIPTION ABOUT YOUR WEBSITE/ORGANIZATION HERE]
About the Bammy Awards:
The Bammy Awards is a cross-discipline award that identifies and acknowledges the good work being done all across the education village. The Bammy Awards were created in response to the tremendous national pressure on educators and education leaders to improve student outcomes, the impact of high-stakes accountability and the intense scrutiny that today's educators face.
The Awards aim to foster cross-discipline recognition of the collective contributions being made to educate children, encourage collaboration in and across the various domains, elevate education and education successes in the public eye, and raise the profile and voices of the many undervalued and unrecognized people who are making a difference in the field.
The Bammy Award is sponsored by BAM Radio Network, which produces education radio shows for the nation's leading education associations. On-air hosts include:
- Gail Connelly, executive director of the National Association of Elementary School Principals
- Dan Domenech, executive director of the American Association of School Administrators
- Yasmina Vinci, executive director of the National Head Start Association
- John Musso, executive director of the Association of School Business Officials
- Donna Mazyck, executive director of the National Association of School Nurses
- Jodi Grant, executive director of the Afterschool Alliance
- Linda Geigle, executive director of the National Association for Family Child Care
- Diane Whitehead, executive director of the Association for Childhood Education International
- Glenda Bean, executive director of the Southern Early Childhood Association